Harissa Chicken Wings with Cashel Blue Aioli
For the Chicken Wings
900g/2lbs chicken wings
70ml/⅓ cup Greek yogurt
3 tbsp harissa paste
2 tbsp honey
juice from 1 lemon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 garlic cloves, crushed
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the Aioli
2 free range egg yolks
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
100ml extra virgin olive oil
100ml vegetable oil
½ clove of garlic, crushed
100g/5oz Cashel Blue cheese, crumbled
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre heat your oven to 220°C/450°F or gas mark 7.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the chicken wings (except the chicken wings) in a large bowl. Then add the chicken wings to the bowl and thoroughly coat them in the marinade. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for up to 1 hour, ideally overnight.
3. Remove the chicken wings from the fridge at least 30 mins before cooking and then place on a baking sheet. Bake the chicken wings for 40-45 minutes, turning once half way through to make sure they are evenly cooked.
4. While the chicken wings are cooking, make the Cashel Blue Aioli by and placing the egg yolksin a bowl, along with the teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Lightly whisk the egg yolks and mustard together and then slowly pour in the vegetable oil and olive oil – you can combine both oils into a jug to make it easier to pour. This will make the mixture become thick and creamy like mayonnaise. Lastly, stir in the crushed garlic and crumbled Cashel Blue cheese then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
5. Once the chicken wings are cooked, remove from the oven and serve with the Cashel Blue Aioli on the side for dipping.