GUINNESS CARAMEL TIRAMISU
3 egg yolks
90g caster sugar
400g mascarpone cheese
100ml strong coffee or espresso, cold
14 boudoir biscuits (ladyfingers)
120g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
For the Guinness Caramel
180g caster sugar
60g unsalted butter
100ml single cream
1. Using an electric whisk, beat the egg yolks and caster sugar together in a large bowl until pale and thick. Next add the mascarpone cheese and whisk slowly until the mixture is pale and smooth.
2. To make the Guinness caramel, place a saucepan over a low heat and add the caster sugar and water. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up high and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until the syrup is a light golden-brown colour. Then stir in the unsalted butter and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until you get a caramel consistency. Next stir in the cream and Guinness. Reduce the heat to simmer and allow to cook for 10 minutes, until it reaches a thick consistency.
3. Dip the boudoir biscuits into the cold coffee, and then straight into in the glasses, to create the first layer. Alternatively, put the coffee dipped boudoir biscuits in a large glass bowl to make one large tiramisù.
4. Spoon half the mascarpone mixture over the boudoir biscuits, followed by a layer of the Guinness caramel and a sprinkle of cocoa powder and then another layer of the mascarpone, Guinness caramel and finish with a layer of cocoa powder on top.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.