PANNA COTTA AND ROASTED PEACHES INFUSED WITH ROSEMARY
4 moulds, 200 ml (7 fl oz) in size or Martini Glasses, or similar
For the panna cotta
250ml double cream
1 vanilla pod/bean, split lengthways
3 gelatine sheets/leaves
20g/2 tablespoons sugar
250ml/1 cup milk
For the peaches
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons Marsala wine
1 tablespoons maple syrup
2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
4 firm, ripe peaches, halved and pitted
1. For the panna cotta: Pour the cream into a saucepan; add the vanilla pod and bring to the boil, then simmer until reduced by one-third. Remove the vanilla pod and scrape the softened insides into the cream.
2. Soak the gelatine in the milk for about 15 minutes or until soft. Remove the gelatine, heat the milk until boiling, then return the gelatine to the milk and stir until dissolved. Pour the milk and gelatine mixture into the hot cream through a sieve, stir, then leave to cool.
3. For the peaches, preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F. In a large shallow baking dish, combine the butter, Marsala wine, maple syrup and rosemary. Add the peaches and turn to coat with the butter mixture. Arrange cut side down in a single layer.
4. Roast until the peaches are tender and cooking liquid is syrupy, 15-20 minutes, brushing with cooking liquid halfway through.
5. Turn out your panna cotta on to dessert plates and serve with the warm peaches on top. Drizzle the syrup over and garnish with a small rosemary sprig.