Roast butternut squash, blue cheese and Clonakilty Black Pudding Tagliatelle
600g butternut squash (or 400g peeled and seeds removed)
2 tablespoons olive oil
140g Clonakilty Black Pudding, cut into small pieces
200ml crème fraîche
100g blue cheese
½ teaspoon saffron
250g fresh tagliatelle
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Halve the butternut squash and peel the outer skin. Slice the flesh into quarters and scoop out the seeds. Cut into 1cm (1/2in) cubes and place on a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes (you will notice the squash getting wrinkly). Stir once every 10 minutes to coat the squash nicely with the oil. After the squash has been cooking for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and add the chopped Clonakilty black pudding, stir and return to the oven for the remaining ten minutes.
3. Place a frying pan over a low heat and add the crème fraiche and blue cheese, whisk together. Next whisk in the saffron, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Allow to cook for another three minutes, the sauce will begin to thicken.
4. Put a large saucepan of salted water over a high heat, and when it comes to the boil drop in the fresh tagliatelle. It will only take three minutes to cook - it overcooks really easily. Drain off all the water.
5. Place the cooked fresh pasta back in the saucepan, and stir in the blue cheese saffron sauce and the roast butternut squash and Clonakilty black pudding. Toss together and transfer to a warmed serving dish.